A Senior Front Desk PS 84
We are looking for an energetic Senior Front Desk person to join our EFNY team!
This position will be supporting EFNY operations and parent coordinators in ensuring smooth operations while EFNY is present at PS84.
You will be the main point of contact for EFNY while onsite and ensure that kids are in their classrooms on time and dismissed according to our safety protocol.
What you will focus on:
- Must be on site between the hours of 2 & 6pm (oversee kids arrival and dismissal)
- Set-up EFNY desk for dismissal
- Welcome all kids in an organized and efficient way supporting the transition between PS84 teachers and EFNY team
- Oversee kids recess prior to EFNY classes (ensuring safety of EFNY kids with the support of the teachers)
- Support any EFNY teacher with his students group
- Liaise with parents for any potential early/late pick-up or absences
- Ensure smooth kids departure at dismissal
- Ensure proper kids hand off from EFNY to Arts & Athletics
- Liaise with PS84 teachers and school administration
- Perform monthly fire alarm drill in partnership with other after school programs
- Ensure EFNY teachers have all the necessary material to conduct their classes (emergency folders, class lists, etc. )
- Liaise with teachers to ensure classes are left clean and in good standing
- Collect information from EFNY teachers and share with EFNY Operations director and site coordinators
- Support any EFNY events in PS84
- Attend any administrative meetings alongside EFNY PS84 team
- Support Operations Director when appropriate (project management, data mining, printing documentation, file organization, inventories, etc.)
What we are looking for:
- Must be on site between the hours of 2 and 6pm Monday through Friday (oversee kids arrival and dismissal) according to DOE calendar
- Must be available to attend CPR classes
- Must have a working laptop
- Verbal and written communication skills to interact clearly with parents and teachers
- Organization skills, enthusiasm and compassion are a must
- Time management skills to prioritize and complete a variety of tasks throughout the day
- Conversational in French is a required.
- Patience and listening skills to respond appropriately and interact positively with parents, kids, EFNY teachers and team and PS84 staff
- Interpersonal skills to create a pleasant experience for our EFNY community, such as being personable and attentive
Excited about this opportunity ?
Feel free to email us your resume at firstname.lastname@example.org